Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cooking with Cricut Challenge #67 Something New



For this challenge I needed to use something new. The only crafty thing I got new was some ink blending foam pads (which I did use on this) but Katie got the Give a Hoot cartridge for Christmas so I borrowed that from her.

This card I made using a different type of fold.  To create this card, and so it will fit in the A2 envelope, cut your card base at 11x4.25 and then score it at the 2.75 and the 8.25 marks and it will fold nicely and meet in the middle.

Supplies
Kraft card stock (and envelope)
October afternoon 5&dime striped paper
Bazzill Basics Classic Yellow Green
My Minds Eye So Sophie  Your heart card stock
few scraps from my scrap bin
Ranger Distress inks in tea dye, wild honey, dusty concord and forest moss
Zig 2 way glue
Gelly Roll Clear Star
Birthday stamp from Hero Arts
Cuttlebug bubbles embossing folder

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Great card. I love that you embossed the striped paper. It just gives the card a wonderful look. Oh how fn to have new inks. The inking on the card is a perfect touch. Happy New Year!
Charlotte
CWC DT

Jill said...

The striped paper is so cool! It looks like fabric! I like how you chose to make your card open and close with the hummingbird. Nice touch! If you want to add this project to my weekly link party here's the link:
http://jaihartjustlovelydesigns.blogspot.com/2012/01/sit-back-relax-and-look-at-all.html
♥ Jill CWC DT