Since I do not have the tombow coloring markers they were selling I decided to use my water based Tim Holtz markers of which I have many. The technique is to put a line of color on the image and use a brush with a little bit of water to spread it around. In class they had us emboss the design. I did the same for this one. Here is that sample
Next, I thought, well I have a few Copics and a lot of LetraSet Pro alcohol based markers. I again embossed the stamp design. Same idea on the technique but instead of using the water and brush, you use the blender pens.
So the last one is the watercolor pencils and blending with Gamsol.
Now on this one, the first one I tried I also embossed, but whew that does not work with the gamsol, it smears. So I got out the little pamphlet that came with the Gamsol, and doh, use dye based ink such as Ranger Archival. Hmm, mine must not be dye based-it doesnt say it is on the label, and, it also smeared. So I went in search of reading the labels. Well I happen to have several that clearly say Dye Ink from Papertrey Ink so used that to stamp the image. THAT worked. Now I must say doing the pencils took twice as long and turns out much lighter in appearance. I also did not have any flesh in my pencils, which I have a set from Stampin up and a small set from FaberCastell. I was able with a little experimentation to blend a decent flesh.